IIS TIMES -CONTENT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
We invite submissions of articles, essays, short stories, poems, biography, fiction, novel, podcasts, Interview, Lecture Notes, Personal narratives, videos, photography, Original Research, Short reports or Letters, Review Articles, Case studies, Methodologies, or Methods, Editorials, and Portraits, from the bloggers, writers, authors, poets, Educationists’ designers, NGOs, photographers and their creative teams on the following subject matters of interest.
|Education||8. Science||15. Hobbies|
|Psychology||9. Technology||16. Performing Arts|
|Health||10. Geography||17. Career advancement|
|Sports||11. Environment||18. Critical thinking|
|Personal wellness||12. Community||19. Data analysis|
|Life skills||13. Culture||20. Space science|
|Leadership||14. Visual Arts||21 Fiction|
|Any other contemporary issues and common areas of interest|
- While submitting the content please follow the guidelines outlined on this page.
1. Submission of any work from the students shall have the following information in the email
1. Title of the article…………………………………….
2. Name of the student………………………..Class …….Division ………
3. Section/wing ……………………..Class teacher’s Name………
4. Your passport size photo….( in school uniform is preferable)….if you wish to disclose your identity.
- Upon reviewing submissions, IIS-TIMES E-Magazine reserves the right to accept or reserve any submission we receive. Submissions are reviewed based on their content, quality, impact, imagination, composition, color balance, the center of interest, technique, storytelling, and style.
- Regarding art, portrait, and painting submission, we will reject all images that don’t look natural or that look unnatural or over-done in size and formats that are not acceptable.
- We are looking for only UNPUBLISHED works (written contributions). However, we may accept some strong artwork that has been published on your social media or website in the past.
- If we find out that the Content and Articles are published by another magazine at the same time you submitted them to IIS-TIMES, they will be removed immediately. Once your submissions are accepted, they must not be posted online or on any social media until the magazine is released.
- If you use any picture that was not originally photographed by you, you must send us written consent from the original photographer allowing you to use the picture for publication.
- Once a submission is accepted by IIS-TIMES E-Magazine, it must not be published in any other magazine, website, blog, or Social Media network. Once we realize that the contributions are published in these media before the particular issue of IIS TIMES is
released, we reserve the right to withdraw that submission from our issue without your consent
- All articles and other works received for a month need not be published in the
same month, they can be used for subsequent editions.
- All contributions shall be devoid of religious, racial, and gender discrimination and shall not be leading to hatred among the communities.
- The content shall be free from abusive words or slang in any form. All such entries will be rejected and no communication is entertained in this regard
- Writers & Blogger’s Submission
Size and composition of documents, photos, and videos
You are advised to follow the below guidelines while sending the files of your contributions/works
- Written works: MS word Document
Word Limit: 500 (for articles and other short stories) for other categories there is no such limit but we advise you to keep your content precisely within 10 minutes of reading time.
2. Videos: The thumbnail size of your image should be 1280 x 720 pixels, with a minimum width of 640 pixels. A ratio of 16:9 is ideal as it’s used most often in YouTube players and previews.
1. All videos shall be made with original content
2. The maximum duration of the video shall be 2 minutes
3. Select a good background appropriate to the content created
4. Plan your video content.
5. Choose the right background. …
6. Use the right camera. …
7. Choose the right lighting
8. Film in sequences.
9. Use a tripod or stabilizer. …
10. Dress yourself matching with the video content
Videos not adhering to above standards shall be returned for improvement
The recommended image size for a thumbnail isthe larger version viewed that can vary between 400×400 to about 600×600 pixels
- The image format JPEG (And JPG) — Joint Photographic Experts Group. JPEG (or JPG) is a raster image file format with lossy compression that makes it suitable for sharing images.
- PNG — Portable Network Graphics. PNG is a raster graphics format that supports lossless compression, maintaining detail and contrast between colors.
- All photos shall be in school uniform preferably or with a modest dress code
- Certifications of appreciation and awards submission
Students from IIS who won any appreciation certificate, medals, awards, and prizes from other NGOs or Institutions can forward them with a brief note of the event and category in which they won them, along with a passport size photograph
1. All submissions must be sent before an issue’s stated deadline, i.e., the 20th of every month.
2. Any submission that reaches after the deadline will be reserved for the next publication.
3. If for any reason the deadline is changed, it will be posted on our Facebook page and website.
4. IIS-TIMES – social media accounts are Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
All students of the Ideal Indian school can submit their contributions through their class teachers and others can send their works to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org